Giving a twist to the normal winter soups and stews is always needed. Afterall, variety is the Spice of life. I Chose to prepare the baked eggs with rainbow chard and yogurt recipe for an added dose of health in the lunch. I always try to include something that has loads of taste along with nutrients in all my lunch. The combination of eggs and rainbow chards helps you to ingest lots of protein and Greens in your stomach. Choose the best quality olive oil for sautéing the eggs and cooking the greens.
The recipe further gets the taste when you Infuse some paprika and chili flakes along with some garlic embedded yogurt and butter.
Ingredients Needed for Baked Eggs with Rainbow Chard and Yogurt
- Half tablespoon smoked Paprika
- Three fourth cup of yogurt
- Half tablespoon Red Pepper flakes
- 6 sage leaves
- Salt as required
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- Four cups of Rainbow chard
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 4 tbsp butter
- Step 1 – heat your oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit and in the meanwhile take a large pan.
- Step 2 – put over flame and add olive oil followed by chard.
- Step 3 – Sauté the same until the liquid absolutely goes away.
- Step 4 – upturn the chard into the ovenproof dish and put one egg in each hole. (you need 4 holes in the Skillet)
- Step 5 – wait for 15 minutes in order to set the white. The eggs can be done earlier so keep a watch on them.
- Step 6 – prepare a paste of Garlic, salt and yoghurt and keep it aside for some time.
- step 7 – heat some butter in a saucepan and add Red Pepper flakes, smoked paprika in the same.
- step 8 – heat It enough so that the butter gets that nice red color and turns frothy.
- Step 9 – Sprinkle salt and remove the same from the heat.
- Step 10 – top the eggs with yogurt after removing them from the oven. At the end drizzle the butter.
The recipe can be quickly prepared for adding rich flavor to the normal food items. The surprisingly baked eggs topped with rainbow chard and yogurt are quite healthy and can be prepared in different ways. People often skip chard and use spinach in order to get a different flavor.
You can have the recipe for the breakfast, dinner or anytime you want. It’s a dish that will make you obsessed with the taste it carries. If you love eggs, probably this is going to be your absolute favorite dish.
With abundant of greens and soft baked eggs, there is nothing to disappointing about the dish. Make sure that you pay close attention to the finishing moves as melting the butter always ends up spoiling the fun. Keep the heat low and allow the butter to absorb maximum flavor.
image source:Stephen Luke