At some or the other point of time while serving food, we all have missed having a perfect jam that could have added more flavor to the dish. This fig jam with rosemary and vermouth recipe is an ideal accompaniment of grilled pork, cheese sandwiches and other platters. The best part about preparing the recipe is that you don’t have to struggle at all with that. Just simple few ingredients and the recipe will make every dish mouth-watering and dashing.
Ingredients we need to prepare the fig jam with rosemary and vermouth
- Three sprigs Rosemary
- one cup of sugar
- 3 cups of finely chopped figs
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- One third cup of dry vermouth
Step by step guide to prepare the fig jam
- Step 1 – take a large mixing bowl and squeeze lemon juice in it.
- Step 2 – now add sugar and figs and let it sit for around half hour after mixing everything together.
- Step 3 – now take a pan and upturn the mixture after heating a little bit.
- Step 4 – eventually add water, vermouth and Rosemary Sprigs. Keep on heating everything until it starts boiling.
- Step 5 – now stir everything very well and make sure that the heat dissolves all the ingredients together.
- Step 6 – prepare a thick paste out of the mixture. roughly, it will take 15 minutes for all the ingredients to get dissolved
- step 7- if you think that the jam has been excessively thick, you can add one tablespoon of water in order to balance it up.
- Step 8 – transfer it in the jar and let the jam cool. You can store it up to 2 months and enjoy it with all the savories.
Alternatively, you can add half cup of wine in the Rosemary and boil it for around 30 minutes. Eventually add figs and discard the Rosemary from the saucepan. Add lemon juice and sugar so that you can finally prepare a perfect paste of everything combined. People also add wine for a different taste and texture.